Yassir is the leading super App for on demand and payment services in the Maghreb region set to changing the way daily services are provided. It currently operates in 26 cities across Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia with recent expansions into France, Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa. It is backed (+$43M in funding) by VCs from Silicon Valley, Europe and other parts of the world including Y Combinator, which is the precursor of the likes of Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Doordash, among others.
We offer on-demand services such as ride-hailing and last-mile delivery. Building on this infrastructure, we are now introducing financial services to help our users pay, save and borrow digitally. Helping usher the continent into a digital economy era. We’re not just about serving people – we’re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need while infusing social values.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Role
- In this role, you will be leading and managing the operations, developing business and increasing profitability for Yassir.
- Documentation and creating efficient, scalable systems are your thing and you enjoy a client facing role and the challenge of growing the business.
- People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and you always know the status of projects. You are a very good problem solver with hustle and customer facing skills and can effortlessly switch back and forth between planning & execution.
- You must be highly analytical, ROI-focused with a strong track record of driving meaningful growth and engagement, ideally for a direct-to-consumer or B2B service.
- The position demands both a keen business sense, strong planning and multi-tasking skills to achieve business objectives.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who can work in a matrixed country organization, is relentlessly passionate about growing and engaging with partners and customers.
What you will do:
- Own the growth strategy for the Nigerian market and lead its implementation
- Manage the product(s) to best meet the evolving needs of the market
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators and suppliers
- Secure big partnerships that could change the game in the market
- Manage the P&L of the market and set/achieve ambitious targets
- Build and lead an aggressive, bold, and highly operational team
What you’ll need
- A Degree in Business or MBA is desired (but not required)
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organization (experience abroad or in a multinational is a plus but nor required).
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Strong commercial sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Strong business development and relationship building skills
- Experience working/living in the region.
- Must have outstanding written & verbal communication skills in (local) and English
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Procurement or legal background is a big plus
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and obsessive about details
- Hard working, passionate and looking to embrace the challenge
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Enthusiastic about Yassir!
- Great compensation and bonuses including stock options.
- Paid company holidays
- Full social coverage
- *Research shows that women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all of the requirements. We would like to hear from you if you feel you would be a good fit for us!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world around you such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another app, we’re infusing social values and reinventing how services are provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Application Closing Date
Popular Jobs this Week