ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machinery Engineer III
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company’s and contractor’s engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to insure that the work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to Company procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor’s and subcontractor’s locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional experience (15 Years)
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Popular Jobs this Week